I enjoy most of my games using GeForce experience. I recently tried the application, and it surprised me with a message: “Something went wrong. Try rebooting your PC and then launch GeForce Experience. ERROR CODE: 0x0003″
Well, Doctor Google came to my rescue with some solutions to the error, and after attempting a few, GeForce was back. I wanted to share the remedies with someone using the application, just in case, it pulls a surprise.
So, let’s go through them.
1. Update Windows
If you haven’t updated your Windows, GeForce could fail to work. The solution to check for any updates and updating your Windows. So, here’s we’ll do it.
For any version below Windows 10:
- First, press the Windows button then R in quick succession (This invokes a run box)
- Type control in the field and select OK ( A window-Control opens)
- Now, click on System and Security and then Windows Update( Another page opens)
- Then, navigate to the top left and click on Check for updates
- Further, allow windows to check for updates, then install available updates
- Finally, restart your Windows and run Geforce Experience to ensure it works
For Windows 10, the approach is:
- First, press Windows key and R successively (A window opens)
- Secondly, click Update&Security
- Then, click on Check for Updates and install any updates
- Finally, reboot your Windows PC, then run GeForce Experience to know whether it works
2. Stop Geforce Running Tasks and Relaunch it
Geforce could lag because some tasks are ongoing in the background. So what do we do?
- Press Shirt, Control, and Esc keys in immediate succession (This opens the task manager)
- Choose all the NVIDIA related tasks, then End task for each (Geforce will exit)
- Go to the Geforce icon and right-click it, navigate to Run as administrator, and click it.
This process restarts GeForce. On opening, check whether it works properly.
3. Update NVIDIA Graphics Driver
GeForce may fail to start properly because you are using an older NVIDIA graphics driver. Fixing this issue will need an update. One way to do it is by using an updater like Driver Easy. This method worked for me. Let me show you how I did it.
- First, I downloaded and installed Driver Easy.
- Secondly, I ran the Driver Easy. (The software will scan your PC for any issues with your drivers)- It will tell you how many drivers need updating.
- Now, click Update All. This requires that you upgrade a Pro version of Driver Easy. In case you upgrade, the software will download and install the necessary updates for each outdated driver.
Note The free option downloads all updates, then you’ll the updating manually.
- Lastly, restart your PC, then check whether GeForce is okay.
4. Install Geforce Afresh
Generally, GeForce could have a problem that could stall its proper functioning. A reinstall of Geforce will solve that issue. So how do we do this?
- Go to Start menu and search Feature. Here, click Apps&features in search results.
- Click GeForce Experience, then select Uninstall
- Now, download GeForce Experience on Nvidia official site
- Run new download and see whether it opens and works properly
5. Use Winsock Reset Command
The network adapter could make GeForce malfunction. Resetting the adapter could help. Here’s what I learned you could do:
- First, press Windows and R successively (Runbox opens)
- In the box, type Ctrl plus Shift plus Enter (This opens Command Prompt as an Administrator)
- Now, type “netsh Winsock reset” in the prompt window, and press Enter.
The last press resets your network adapter. Now, check whether GeForce Error 0x0003 has disappeared.
6. Allowing NVIDIA to Interact with your PC
This GeForce related solution could be your first approach before trying other solutions. So what do you do?
- Foremost, press Windows+R to open Runbox
- In the box, type mac, then press Enter (This opens Windows Services)
- Navigate to Nvidia Telemetry Container and right-click it
- Here, navigate to Properties
- Then, click Log On and select Allow service to interact with desktop.
- Finally, click Apply.
By now, your GeForce Experience Error Code 0x0003 should have been solved. Any of the above can do that for you. Carefully follow the steps to make it work. Good luck!