Sending files from iPhone to Mac is now easy and quick by the use of Airdrop. This ad-hoc service was introduced to Apple devices in 2011, and it’s compatible with macOS X Lion (macOS X 10.7) and iOS 7 and above.
Therefore, in this guide, you will earn how to use Airdrop to send data from iPhone to Mac.
Before, you learn how to perform that let me inform you how to activate this service on both your iPhone and Mac.
Activating Airdrop on iPhone
- Open Settings
- Click on General
- Select Airdrop to activate
NB: When you enable Airdrop both your device’s Bluetooth and wi-fi automatically turn on.
Activating Airdrop on macOS
- Launch the Finder window, and you will see Airdrop.
For macOS X 10.8.1 and higher, you can use this step.
- On the Menu click Go and, on the options, you will see Airdrop
- Alternatively, you can use these keys (Shift + Command + R) to open Airdrop
Make sure wi-fi is on for it to discover your iPhone.
How to Transfer Files from iPhone to Mac Using Airdrop
Here are steps to follow when transferring photos, webpages, documents, and videos from iPhone to Mac.
Note: Your iPhone and Mac Airdrop must be ON and both devices connected to the same wi-fi network to successfully send the data.
- On your, iPhone select the file(s) you want to share then click this sign
- Several options will appear select Airdrop
- Then select receiver (Mac device) from the Airdrop screen
- The transfer will begin and will be done depending on the number of files
By following these steps, you will have successfully shared files from iPhone to Mac.
Before using this Apple ad-hoc service, all your devices need to meet these requirements.
- The iPhone and Mac should be nine meters apart.
- Turn on wi-fi and Bluetooth
- The Mac must be manufactured in 2012 or later. While the iOS should be version 7 and above
Enable Airdrop to Receive Requests
Before sending files to iPhone or Mac, you should ensure that the devices can receive requests.
- On the Dock click the Finder icon to open Finder
- Click on Go and select Airdrop
- Tap on Allow me to be discovered by setting in the Airdrop window
- Three options will appear; Receiving off, Contacts Only, and Everyone.
Receive request setting for iPhone image.
Select EveryoneThat way you can receive Airdrop requests from an iPhone device.
Do you have problems with Using this Apple Ad-Hoc Service?
Some users find difficulties sharing content from iPhone to Mac and vice versa. According to most iOS or Mac users Restarting your devices fixes this issue.
Furthermore, before using this service, check whether your devices support it.
- Go to the Menu bar
- Click Apple
- Then select About This Mac
This is to check the Mac version. Also, make sure that your phone’s hotspot is turned off. Or the distance between the devices is more than 30 feet.
If you have trouble sending files from iPhone to Mac worry less as there is another method. “Use MobileTrans-Backup.”
This tool enables you to share content with one click.
Here is how you use MobileTrans-Backup.
Note: Download MobileTrans-Backup and install on Mac.
- Connect iPhone to Mac using a USB cable
- Open MobileTrans-Backup and choose the Transfer option
- Select the files you want to share from iPhone to Mac
- Click Start when done
With this tool, you can also backup your iPhone data on Mac.
Using Airdrop to transfer files between iPhone and Mac is easy and quick. All you need to ensure is that both devices are compatible with this ad-hoc service before initiating this process. For further inquiry, please leave a comment.