As an iOS user, you should find it necessary to back up their device’s data regularly. This process is vital as it helps you restore your phone’s data when your device malfunctions. Additionally, it helps users transfer their information from a lost or old gadget to a new iOS device. So, today you are going to learn on various ways to backup iPhone or iPad data fast and secure.
3 Different Ways to Backup iPhone or iPad
Note: Please read this guide to the end to learn about different ways to backup an iPhone or iPad.
Follow these steps to backup your iOS device using iCloud.
- Connect to a wireless internet connection
- Click on the Settings icon and click on your name
- Scroll down and tap iCloud
- Then scroll down and select iCloud Backup
- Turn on iCloud Backup and click Back Up Now
- Wait till the backup process is done
NB: This is a manual iCloud backup process. Additionally, you can automatically backup your device. Follow these steps to activate automatic backup.
- Ensure iCloud Backup is on. Go to Settings> your name> iCloud> iCloud Backup
- Plug your device to a power source
- Connect to an internet connection
- Lock your iPhone or iPad screen
Note: Before you start this process, make sure iCloud has more than enough space. Remember, you can purchase more iCloud storage space. For example, 50GB costs $.099 monthly.
Use a Computer
Another process of backing up using iTunes.
Note: iTunes works both on Mac and Windows computers. However, for Windows, you need to visit Microsoft Store and download iTunes.
Follow these steps to backup your iPhone or iPad using iTunes on Mac.
- Connect the gadget by using the original USB cable of the device
- Open your PC (Mac) and launch iTunes.
- This notification will pop-up (Trust This Computer?) Click Trust to continue.
- Next, click the Device icon.
- Go to the sidebar and click Summary.
- Now choose to either automatically backup or manually backup.
- Go to manually backup and select Backup Now.
- A backup dial will appear on top of your screen. Wait till the process is complete.
- To know if its a complete look at Latest Backup.
NB: You should know that this process works for macOS Mojave and earlier. For those using macOS, Catalina, here are the steps.
- Connect your iPhone or iPad to Mac using a USB cable
- Go to the Dock and click on the Finder icon.
- On Finder’s sidebar, click your device.
- Select Back Up Now for the process to start
- Tap Back up all of the data on your iPhone to this Mac
- Choose whether to enable or disable encrypting the backup by clicking the checkbox.
By following these steps, you will have backed up your device’s data on a computer.
Use Acronis True Image 2020 to Backup iPhone or iPad.
Are you finding difficulties to back up your iOS device using iCloud or computer? Don’t worry, and there is another option. Acronis True Image is your other alternative. It enables you to backup all your device’s information by following these steps.
First, you must download the Acronis True Image application from the App Store.
Here are the procedures to follow.
- Launch Acronis True Image after installation
- Click on Backup
- Log in to your Acronis True Image account
- Choose the files you want to backup, e.g., videos, photos, etc.
- Now click on Back Up Now.
Note: You should allow the application access to your device’s data. Also, remember that you require an internet connection during this process. Go to Settings to select Back Up using Wi-Fi Only or Wi-Fi and Cellular Connection.
These are not the only ways you can backup your data; there are also other options such as the use of iMazing. However, they are the best options you need to use when backing up an iPhone or iPad. Thanks for your time. If you incur any problem, please feel free to reach us by leaving a comment.
Also Read: How to Take Screenshot on Mac.